My name is Petra Axlund Stegman and I am the owner and founder of I am EarthBound. I am also a E-RYT 500 Yoga Teacher and Meditation Coach. I created my line of 108 Mala Beads and Yoga Jewelry to bring healing energy and beauty to the world. A mala can be used as a tool in your meditation practice, to give you healing energy or you can just wear it as an earthy BoHo accessory as a constant reminder to yourself to stay present and be mindful in your daily life.
Everything at I am EarthBound is handmade with 100% love. And I want you to love your new piece of jewelry as much as I have loved making it for you. If you for some reason are not in love with your purchase, please contact me asap, and we'll work something out. All items may be exchanged for a similar item of equal value.
When you’re not using or wearing your mala you should keep it in a safe place and treat it with respect. Don’t sleep with it and never try to force your mala over your wrist. I use a strong nylon cord, but if you pull hard or don’t treat it with care it can break. And just know that if and when your mala breaks it just symbolizes a broken karmic cycle. It’s a sign to bring new intentions into your life as your current ones no longer serve you. Eventually all malas will need to be re-strung. If your mala breaks within 6 month after shipment, I will restring it for free. After that I will restring your mala for $35 fee + shipping, and your bracelet for $5 + shipping (extra charge if you don't have all beads). Just contact me to get my shipping address.
GEMSTONE JEWELRY CARE
* Don't sleep with your yoga jewelry. Store in dry, clean place.
* Don't shower with your yoga jewelry. Contact with water will make your jewelry eventually break, especially if strung on stretch cord.
* Don't expose to salt water.
* Don't expose to harsh chemicals, such as chlorine, detergents or lotions and perfumes with chemicals and fragrance. Chemicals will erode the finish of your gemstone.
* Avoid wearing your yoga jewelry in any activity where there might be high impact. A blow can damage and crack the stones. Never throw a gemstone on a hard surface, like a marble kitchen counter or glass table.
* Don't use jewelry cleaner or clean with water, just wipe off with damp cloth if you need to clean it.
* Gemstones can fade if exposed to strong sun.
* Keep gemstone jewelry out of reach of children.
* A tassel will break if someone pulls hard on it.
SANDALWOOD BEAD CARE
* Same rules as gemstone beads, don’t sleep, shower, swim or expose to chemicals.
* All wood beads will darken with time, and become a bit glossier from contact with skin. The more you wear them the more beautiful patina they will get.
* If your mala or bracelets starts to look dry, don’t try to wash or rub with oils. Just start wearing it more. The oil from your skin is all they need.
* To bring back the scent of Sandalwood beads, just store in a zip lock bag over night. That’s it!
* Avoid contact with oils directly on the beads.
I have Trunk Shows in Connecticut, so make sure you follow me on Facebook and Instagram @i.am.earthbound so you don't miss it. I love love to see you in person! And to see me you can also come take one of my Yoga Classes at The Yoga Shop of West Hartford or Old Saybrook. You'll find my full schedule on my website www.earthboundyogadesign.com
Love & Light